My client is URGENTLY seeking to fill the role of Unit Manager - Theater
The ideal candidate should be available to start 1 November 2019. Salary Package that we will be looking at will all depend on the PRIVATE HOSPITAL experience within a management role.
The incumbent will also be responsible for monitoring and ensuring that nursing care and service delivery is implemented and practiced within a multi-disciplinary quality assurance team. In accordance the incumbent will be accountable for coordinating capacity building, mentoring and training.
Key Output and Accountability:
- Management and supervision of staff.
- Daily allocations and monthly off-duties.
- Kronos time and attendance
- Ensuring safe Patient Care at all times in Theatre.
- Public Relations which include liaison with doctors/specialists, Hospital Management, staff, patients and their family.
- Cost Centre Management which includes management of salary budget, control of equipment and assuring billing of stock.
- Management of aspects pertaining student accompaniment and in-service training.
- Maintain competent , ethical and professional Nursing standards.
- The ability to take prompt action to accomplish work objectives.
- The ability to produce work of a high quality by accurately checking processes and tasks.
- The ability to work under pressure and to maintain effectiveness during changing conditions.
- The ability to be functional in clinical areas e.g. scrubbing for general or specialist surgical cases as well as in recovery of patients.
- To enter into the role of educator and trainer as needed.
- The ability to be a change agent.
- Registered with the South African Nursing Council (SANC) as a Registered Nurse
- Diploma in Operating Room essential.
- Diploma in Management will be an advantage
- Thorough knowledge of general / specialized nursing theory and practice
- Extensive knowledge of modern nursing care principles and practices in the highly specialized field in Theatre.
- Extensive knowledge about diagnose and procedures in Theatre
- A minimum of 7 years experience in Theatre and Recovery Room is essential
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a Theatre Managerial or Shift leader position with a proven track record would be advantageous
- An intermediate level of Computer proficiency
- 2 or more years experience in a private hospital setting
- Experience in clinical leadership
Please do not apply for the position if you do not meet the minimum requirements of the position. Should you meet the requirements please forward your CV to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org