Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop effective medication plans that minimize the risk of adverse side-effects
- Consult on dosages, medication substances etc.
- Advise on the correct administration of drugs
- Collaborate with healthcare professionals to ensure optimal patient care
- Keep accurate documentation of medication plans
- Re-packaging of medication
- Distribution and control of stock of Schedule 1 to Schedule 5 medicines or scheduled substances
- Ordering of medicine and scheduled substances up to, and including, Schedule 4 according to an instruction of a person authorized in terms of the Medicines Act to obtain such medicine or scheduled substance
- Reading and preparation of branch orders, the selection, manipulation or compounding of the medicine; the labelling and supply of the medicine
- Accurately interpret orders and act in a professional and responsible manner and within the legal requirements in accordance with the SAPC
- Capture order details accurately, and verify centers utilization reports on the system
- Ensure accurate picking / packing / labelling and checking of medication and be aware of common dosages as well as important drug interactions
- Give accurate instructions to nurses regarding the correct use of medicine supplied
- Keep abreast of changes in medical aid procedures and requirements for claims and dispensing
- Ensure all medications are checked for accuracy
- Ensure authorization of chronic, HIV and AIDS medication as per company’s Formulary
- Facilitate weekly stock takes
Requirements, Knowledge and Experience
- B.Pharm Degree
- Proven experience as clinical pharmacist
- Residency training and current license are required.
- Excellent understanding of pharmaceutical therapy and direct patient care.
- Solid knowledge of drug administration and health & safety guidelines.
- Responsible Pharmacist with 5 years’ experience
- SACP and relevant legal knowledge