The Regional Medical Director OH Africa is dedicated to the development and quality improvement of the occupational health related services for the Africa Region. The primary role is to focus on developing occupational health solutions.
In conjunction with the regional management teams, review and refine the OH organization within the Africa region and review the activities and make recommendations for continuing growth.
• Proactively raise issues regarding medical and OH services business development to the reporting structure.
• Write site visit reports and propose and initiate appropriate action plans.
• Provide support and leadership for the clinics and MS sites medical staff on OH related issues.
• Liaise with the local and international Human Resource departments to support the recruitment of adequately skilled and experienced occupational health medical professionals.
• Facilitate effective positive teamwork and clear channels of communication both internally and externally.
• Support occupational health medical staff succession planning and national development programs in conjunction with the Regional Medical Directors.
• Establish regular communication mechanisms to ensure the medical teams across sites are clear on organizational and OH business objectives.
• Participate actively to the OH and the Offshore forum
• Ensure that all operational delivery of medical and OH services and patient care performed by medical and clinic support staff meet the appropriate standard of medical quality.
Required Work Experience
• Medical Doctor with 5 years plus post-graduation experience in OH
• Experience as a Medical Director or Similar position with health management
Travel / Rotation Requirements
• Both onshore and offshore travel into Africa.
• Frequent Travel (may be up to 45% of a full time)