The Medical Manager is responsible for supporting the clinical development program and other medical/marketing programs for the products assigned, whilst also providing medical support to marketing, sales, medical information, regulatory and external customers.
Co-ordinate and utilize specialist knowledge with colleagues in formulating and implementing medical strategy for assigned therapeutic area(s).
Drive & develop medical programs & initiatives aligned with company business objectives and compliant with local laws and regulations,
- Prepare and compile medical resources/products’ scientific data/clinical /studies/slide-kits and presentations.
- Identify customers’ medical needs related to disease area and exchange inputs internally and externally.
- Develop effective relationships with healthcare professionals and external organizations.
Job Specific Technical/Functional/Professional Competencies:
- BEE or Coloured candidates only.
- Medical doctor (MBChB or MD) registered locally with Health Professions Council of South Africa is a minimum requirement. Additional qualifications are welcome.
- At least 2 years of experience in Medical Affairs in pharmaceutical industry, as Medical Advisor/Manager, Product Physician or Medical Science Liaison.
- Knowledge of Vaccines and Infectious Diseases therapeutic areas is a plus.